Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just Call Me Britney

Here's the short version of the story...if there could ever be a short version, right? Anne & I head to Bellevue Square mall to do some shopping. This is our Sunday night routine cause well...quite frankly...there's nothing else to do. So we park at Lincoln Square and are headed to Paper Source (there was a 20 minute stroller debacle in the parking garage that I'm going to skip over...it was intense...it entailed Anne almost ditching me and taking my baby with her...it wasn't pretty...) Anne and I couldn't find the ramp to get to Paper Source so we noticed the midge two stairs that we had to go up. No problem! Anne says, "We'll just shimmy our way up the two stairs!" Yeah right. So here we are: outside on the corner of NE 8th and Bellevue Way...busiest corner of all especially now that it's the holidays and we're doing to just shimmy Kingston up two stairs. Stair 1: check. Stair 2: Here comes Kingston in his car seat (not clicked into the stroller properly) FLYYYYYING off of the car seat adapter, towards me, hanging upside down, I think he's going to die and fall right on the cement. In literally a matter of seconds I reacted so fast I couldn't even tell you. I flipped him back over and he's still chillin', quiet as can be...not a peep. Anne is now dying of laughter, falling over...I'm kinda laughing too, but COMPLETELY traumatized and totally embarrased. Everyone in the streets probably saw and if I was actually someone that did something?...I would be on the pages of US Weekly right now. No joke. And this happens to be the first of two incidents that I almost hurt my child. The second being a minor bath tub incident. Minor. Veeerrrrrry Minor. Poor kid just slipped out of my hands, face planted right into the tub of water, wacking his wee lil head on the side of the tub and submerging his tiny little body in the water. See? Minor...He was frightened, but minimal tears...we survived...and then it happened again this morning :) I'm just preparing him for swim lessons...that's all, no biggie. :)

1 comments:

Kjays said...

I guess I can't hijack the grandson like I did the grandpuppy when I had to keep her safe!! I'm watching you :)