Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Idiocy.

I just have to vent. Today had to be THE WORSE day to be driving. I actually had to pick and choose what I wanted to really vent about. Really. That is actually how many incidents I had to filter through cause if I wrote about them all, we'd be here all night. People are just so inconsiderate. Exhibit A: I was on 85th street in Kirkland headed towards Redmond. I didn't get very far cause there was hella traffic. Cars. Everywhere. I made it under the 405 overpass. I'm in the far right lane. Stopped. Cause there's a light up ahead that's red and there are hella people trying to get off the freeway too, in which they have to merge with our lane. Let me paint you a picture...Literally...I'm going to paint it:

In case you're confused, that's a street. The boxes? Those are the cars. Now, I'm car number 4 down there below. Now, in normal traffic, you merge by every other right? So car 1 would go, then car 2, then car 5, then car 3, then car 6, then me. Right? Oh this is what happened...let me paint it for you again:
Car 1 went, THEN, before car 2 even got their poor chance, car 5 AND car 6 CUT OFF car 3 then went AROUND car 2 and cut car 2 off! Really? Poor car 2. Minutes later I arrive at the Kirkland Starbucks on 85th and sit in the drive thru lane (kill yourself....WORSE drive thru you've ever been to in your life!) But I've got a baby. Who wants to park? Get your baby out in the rain? Weasle your way inside? Order your drink? Stumble back to your car with baby in tow and rebuckle your babe back into their car seat? I couldn't risk spilling my Pumpkin Spice Latte...oh...and my baby? So I'm in the line like so: This the Starbucks parking lot. The big black box is Starbucks. The lines are parking spaces. And again, the small boxes are cars. Oh...did you notice the little person down to the right? Yeah, that's the homeless person that sits there, day in and day out. Who by the way...the rudest homeless person EVER. One time, George and I had an extra Lemon Pound Cake so George drove by him and offered it to him and this is what homeless man says, "No thanks man, I'm good." Really? Cause you don't look good. And since when do homeless people get picky? For the love...so the line finally moves along, car 1 pulls in to order and naturally, car 2 would follow, then car 3, then car 4 (which is me...."car 4 where are you?" Get it? instead of car 54, car 4? ok nevermind...) So from the trend of this blog, you know that didn't happen. ACTUALLY, car 1 pulled forward then no joke car 3 busted to the left and cut off car 2 and pulled in right behind car 1. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are you serious? Poor car 2. Hours later, I'm driving south on 405 and happen to be in the left lanes. Oh, but wait...I need to now get over to the right cause I need to exit in a mile and half. Can I get over? Nope. And why can't I get over? That's cause NO ONE WOULD LET ME IN. I mean really...how long does a girl need to have her signal on before anyone would leave room for her to get in? Then when I finally had an opening, I took it. Bad move, cause my luck, there's a big ass semi- truck behind me who SPED UP and then honked his horn at me. Rude. Don't honk at me cause you felt the need to speed up on my back bumper and then had to brake cause you got too close. Worse of all, I was driving home tonight this time on 405 north. It's dark. It's raining. I'm minding my own business when all of a sudden a white Lexus RX 300 (with WA license number 724 RNA...not that I noticed or anything...) didn't even have their blinker on and cut me off and then braked. Really? OMG, I almost died. I really think I survived so I could write this blog. I don't understand driving and I'm not saying I'm a saint. I brake late. There. I said it. I brake late. But COME ON people. Does no one know the common courtesy of merging in a crisis? Or the common courtesy of letting people in your lane knowing they need to get over? It shouldn't take a mile and half to finally get in your lane. Or the common courtesy of signaling when you need to get over especially at night and in the rain! I bet I lost you all back at the pictures and you're still wondering why the heck I painted pictures or how I even had the time...George isn't home. Kingston's in bed. "But Danielle, you should be taking a warm bath with a glass of wine!" I hate baths and I hate wine. I sure do like to draw though! :)

5 comments:

George said...

You seriously busted out Microsoft Paint. haha. Dude someone needs to do something about the Starbucks on 85th though for real.

Kjays said...

Okay the sense of humor is me, but for goodness sakes the illustration would totally be a dad thing for sure :) I can totally relate to the Starbucks AND the 85th Street exit, some of those peeps need to go back to driving school!!

The Baltera Family said...

Best.Blog.Ever.

I am proud to call you my bff.

Jessica E. said...

I love the paint drawings and I totally agree with you 150% about Starbucks and the homeless guy... He is ALWAYS there :-)

the Pettersen Family said...

Oh WOW. That's a bad day! I'm glad you're okay, though! ;-) I loved the MS Paint and I followed along perfectly well!