Friday, December 5, 2008

6 Months!

Wow...Kingston is half a year old. Before I know it, he'll be crawling, walking and talking! George and I took him to his 6 month appointment yesterday. It went really well. He got all his usual shots, plus half of a flu shot and we have to go back in 4 weeks and get the other half of his flu shot (cause he's just a lil babe, he can't get the full dosage all at once!) Oh and don't worry, George and I got flu shots as well! George handled it like a man (as he should, way to go babe!)...at first he told the doctor, "Oh doc...I don't get the flu..." You can guess what the doctor told George..."Don't care, you have a baby now, I can't risk getting him sick at all." Good try George! I on the other hand handled it like a child (it's to be expected, what can I say?). I think Kingston did better than me...I'm actually still complaining about my arm hurting today. Oh well. Gotta take one for the team! And for those of you keeping track...Here are Kingston's stats:

Weight: 15lbs. 9 1/2oz. (25%)...(we'll talk about this in a bit...)
Head: 17 1/4in. (50%)
Height: 26 1/2 in. (50%)...(we'll talk about this too...)
We'll skip on past the head cause no one really cares about that...it's average anyway. But seriously...did anyone else notice that he was 26 inches long at his 4 month check up? Whaaaaat? My kid only grew 1/2 inch in 2 months?!?! You've got to be kidding me. I freaked out...if you don't think I pulled his 4 month stats off my blackberry the minute the nurse measured 26 1/2 you're dead wrong. Then I made her measure again! Still 26 1/2. I don't understand. I just try and make myself feel better by saying perhaps at his 4 months they just measured a little on the high side? Moving right along...who goes from 75th percentile to 25th percentile for weight? Doc wasn't TOO concerned about this one. He did ask the obvious questions of, "Does your kid eat?" Well of course he eats! He isn't too fond of those green peas, but he sure knows how to guzzle down that rice cereal and formula! Doc also says it's all relative too (no pun intended). Our (George and I) stats as babies could reflect this same thing and that's why Kingston has leveled off so quickly. As long as he eats, he's fine though! :) And we were instructed to move right on through the veggies and fruits for the next 2 months. Man! When it was just formula, things were so easy! I'm so glad he's growing up though. He is such a great and happy baby boy! He gets so giggly sometimes and is so ticklish. I tickle his feets, legs, tummy, armpits and neck and I can get him rolling! It's so much fun! He's becoming more accustomed to Gracie. He watches her, follows her with his eye and even holds his hands out for her to come to him and he lets her lick his hands and he'll try and pet her (it's more like a firm grab of the hair, but he'll catch on). He's rolling over...from his back to his tummy...from his tummy to his back. He has even learned to sit up! He can't get there on his own, but if we put him up he'll sit up and play on his own. Kingston wants to pick up everything he can get his hands on! And LOVES my laptop. I've made the mistake of letting him bang on it. What? It's cute? I'll open up an email and address it to George, then I'll let Kingston "type" a letter to daddy and then I'll send it. You love it George, don't you? :) Then I complain my laptop doesn't work properly and he gives me the evil eye and explains it's because I let my child do bad things. Sorry George...I'll work on that. Back to putting things in his mouth, Doc says Kingston's top teeth are coming through! Good work Kingston...you keep on drooling, chewing, gnawing, or whatever else you like doing! And even though my kid is apparently not growing at a rapid rate he sure seems like it cause he barely fits in his baby bath tub anymore. I've now switched up his bathtime routine and now bath him while he sits up in his bumbo. What's funny about that is it clearly says on the bottom: "DO NOT USE AS A BATH SEAT". Whatev. He's fine! The seat doesn't move at all and I don't leave Kingston's side so it's working out for the time being until I figure something else out! It can be so frustrating finally getting things figured out and then you have to rework your whole system, but I love it at the same time. You can just tell Kingston wants to be involved in everything and know what everything is and learn new things. You just have to welcome it, even if it comes at a crappy time:)

3 comments:

George said...

fathers lock up your daughters... I'm just sayin...

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

I completely agree. He is on his way to being a major heartbreaker. At first I was wondering if you guys got a new camera because these pictures are amazing, but it's probably just that he is the cutest thing EVER...

Kjays said...

Oh my goodness....he is my little cutie :) love him, love him, love him!!