Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh Oregon.

George and I packed up the fam and drove down to Oregon for the day yesterday. I HATE feeding on the road and I try to avoid it at all times and this was just going to be a day trip so I wanted to make the most of it. Kingston feeds these days right when we wakes up at 7:30am so it was either we left at 4-5am to make it before his feeding or leave after his feeding and get there at noon. George said...4am...oooookaaaay George. Alarm rings at 3am. My thoughts, "What in the world am I doing? Who packs up their 3 month old in the middle of their night sleep just to drive to Oregon? I can't do this to him...." So, needless to say we left after his 7:30am feeding and made it down to Oregon around 11:30am. I had a slight headache though since Kingston pretty much cried from Chehalis to Vancouver. Everything worked out perfectly though when we got there. My bff Savannah who moved to Las Vegas was in town so we hung out with her at first...then from there we went over to Canby to visit with my Grandfather and so he could meet his great-grandson! It was so nice to see him and let him see Kingston. He was too scared to hold him though. Then from there, I met up with one of my long-time friends Rose that I went to highschool with. She now lives in Florida with her husband and happened to be in town too! After dinner with Rose we just hung out and chatted and then George and I hit the road to come back home at about 9:30pm. Kill yourself. Worse. Drive. Back. Kingston slept the entire way, but George and I were so exhausted I was so sleepy and kept dozing in and out of sleep...George was falling asleep so he was blowing cold air on his face and I kept trying to stay up to talk to him. It was brutal. But we made it!

Great Grandpa! Take 1.

Take 2.
Rose & I at dinner! (if you ask George, this was probably take 145:))
So good to see you! I miss you!

1 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

Sad....where is my Oregon photo? We didn't take any photos, how bad of us. :)