Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh Canada!

So the Mekhail family took a weekend vay-cay to Harrison Hot Springs, Canada. We went with George's parents, Engy, Brian and Samar (in case you are reading this and you're not down with the fam yet...Engy is George's sister, Brian is her husband and Samar is George's sister and her husband is still TBD). We left Saturday morning...timed it perfectly with Kingston's morning feeding and made it up there, straight through, no stops, except to pick up Samar, just in time for us to check in, get Kingston fed lunch and us fed lunch! It was definitely a good weekend to get away and relax. I had never been there before, but it reminded me so much of my childhood, taking weekend trips to the beach in Seaside, Oregon or even Cannon Beach, Oregon. I do have to tell you though, by the time Monday morning rolled around I was ready to get home! I was bright eyed and bushytailed at 7am and woke George up to get outta there. Needless to say, our trip home wasn't as...I guess you could say...efficient? It took way longer to leave the hotel..we were up at 7am and didn't probably get out of there until 9ish? Then, we were hungry and had to stop for some food. Then we got to the border and George wanted to go into Duty Free. Then we got to the border and the man said my passport wasn't valid (apparently I had to sign it?) Then George got lost. Then I decided that it would be a good idea to sit in back with Samar and watch Gossip Girl...bad move! I was car sick in about 10 minutes...then George got lost AGAIN! Finally...we were getting somewhere and I had to seriously have George pull the car over for a possible vomit episode: McDonald's parking lot in Bellingham...so classy. I didn't throw up, but sipped on some Sprite while George attempted to feed Kingston and change his diaper, which ended up failing miserably anyway, cause Kingston pooped while George was changing his diaper then pee'd everywhere and George managed to put his diaper on backwards...Kingston was soaked in urine and I was hanging my head out the window and Samar...I think she checked out and was on facebook on her blackberry the whole time wishing she were home already :) I finally took it upon myself to take Kingston inside the McDonalds and get him changed efficiently and get a new outfit on him...he SCREAMED the whole time, George said he heard him the whole time he was trying to order chicken nuggets. Shortly after we were back on the road and home in no time! Yeah for Canada...let's go back?

Inside Quotes of the Weekend (that may or may not appear funny to you, but are still definitely hilarious to us to this day!):
George: Samar, what do you want from Starbucks?
Samar: A tall green tea frappacino please.
George: Do you want that iced?
(silence with Samar and I kinda staring at George for even asking)
George (with some passion of being in a hurry): Do you want that iced!?!?
Danielle: FRAPPACINO GEORGE!

George (just as we crossed the Canadian border and staring at the long line to get back into the USA): Evvvvvvryone wants to come to Aaamerica.

Danielle (as we are standing on the beach looking at the sandcastles): Where did they get all the sand from?

George and Brian (ordering beers from the pool bar): Yes, 3 Coors light please.
Samir (3 people behind George and Brian) pipes up: Hey! Do they have anything dark? I need a Guinness!

Engy (as we are hanging out outside): The wind isn't strong enough to move the clouds...
George: Oh...interesting.


Just arrived and felt the need for a family photo in front of the bear in the lobby of our hotel.



Our favorite sandcastle.



Drinks at the pool! Token Canadian in the back.



Kingston and I on our balcony!



Mmmm, I want fresh squeezed orange juice with my breakfast...



Really? $9.00 for a Minute Maid?



We climbed trees..and by climbed...the ground was 3 feet below, George had to give me a boost and then I was so scared I wouldn't move from this position until George came and got me down.



Brian decided he wanted to play soccer with these 12 year boys. So he shyly asked, "Do you guys have room for another player?" It was funny...



Canada is known for their young drinking age right?

Adios. Canada.

1 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

See, your oj incident was like our $53 margarita incident.