Thursday, September 4, 2008

3 Months Old

I can't believe it...another month has passed by. It's weird, it's true what they all say that it goes by so fast, but yet, to me it's also going by so slow. It feels like I've had Kingston around for soooo long and that he should be older by now. 3 months doesn't seem that old to me, but when I look back to the day he was born...man! He was so little. Our little guy is growing so much. He has officially grown out of all his newborn stuff and 0-3 month stuff. He is officially in the 3-6 month category....at least lengthwise. He swims in alot of his clothes. For example, his pants, they are mostly big around his waist cause he's really skinny, but his legs are so long...I'd rather have a big waist, then high water pants on my kid :) Besides getting longer each day, he's definitely getting cuter. I'm still wishing he'd get more hair though. I secretly think he's still losing it, which may be true, but I loved it when he had a full head of hair! I'm still enjoying dressing him up everyday and I think he's starting to realize I like it so he's starting to hate it :) There are even times when I dress him and I'm not ok with it so I have to rethink the outfit, undress him then redress him. Ask me how much he likes that! Not very much, but he'll thank me later down the road when he sees his baby pictures and realizes he was the best dressed baby in Kirkland, Washington. He's starting to learn to laugh, not just smile. I like to try and tickle him after bathtime or I blow on the bottom of his feet and he just loves it! I can get little giggles out of him and small little laughs. I love it! He sucks on his fingers...ALOT. Sometimes I'm afraid he'll suck them right off! Haha. He loves his Seahawks pacifier. He prefers it over every pacifier that we have. He reacts to bright lights and loud noises. Before, it was like he didn't even know they were there. Now, he knows when it's dark and knows when it's light. Loud noises startle and disturb him. I can't STAND his room being at the front of the house, especially on garbage day.
Dear Waste Management,
Please come pick up our garbage between 8am and 9am. My son is still trying to sleep at 7am. If you have a problem with this, I urge you, please, get yourself a spouse, then have a baby. I'm 100% confident you won't be denying my request then.
Yours Cordially,
Frustrated Mom in Kirkland Highpointe
I think he's starting to discover his own body and expressions a little more too. He'll stick his tongue out, run it across his lips and he looks like he's wondering what it is and , "Wow, it goes outside my mouth too!" He looks at his hands alot and grabs his onesie and pulls on it...just yesterday, no joke, I was changing his diaper and he reached down and grabbed himself and realized there was something there. It was so funny! Good thing it wasn't a poopy diaper! Kingston also is figuring out what it means to smile and frown. He went through a period this last month where he would immediately frown, then immediately smile, then immediately frown, then immediately smile. At first, we didn't know what to think. George and I were so confused. Is he happy? Oh wait no...he's sad. Oh wait no...he's happy. Oh....no...oh...Kingston just couldn't get it together. I think he does now though. Speaking of being sad...we are going through a bad sleep phase. Kingston was such a good night sleeper up until about 3 weeks ago. He's been up in the middle night and can't get himself back to sleep, his naps are all off and it's just been no good. It's partly my fault for not respecting my son's need for a good nap. I'll schedule what I want to do and just think Kingston will just sleep as we do it. Wrong! I've been doing alot of research and talking to other mom's and prayed about it and we are working on a new routine for our family. Kingston now has a way earlier bedtime and I've been working on him getting in good naps at home. The whole "oh, he'll just sleep while we're on the go" thing hasn't panned out well for us at all! It's actually has made things worse. So I've put off alot of day things until we can get a new nap schedule going for the little one. I have to say though, my social life isn't great right now, but it's starting to help. He woke up last night in the middle of night, but went back to sleep without me having to go in there and made it another 4 hours! I hope things continue to get better and can't wait for 4 months...mainly cause that is when his next doctor appointment is and I love getting him weighed and measured! Until then...here are a few 3 month photos....!

Being the cuddler that he is!

Here's what most of our days and middle of the nights looked like...one big cryfest cause he's so tired, yet doesn't know what to do with himself. Don't worry Kingston...mommy's getting it together!

He has a tight grip!

Holding his head up so well and sitting up well...against things.

Giggles.

2 comments:

Whitney Andersen said...

could that picture of Matt and Kingston be any cuter?? He better be careful or I'm going to want a baby now!

UWMouthpiece said...

Thats funny that Whitney thought she could just slide that in there like I wasn't going to notice.

Haha...haha

I will be careful from now on :)