Thursday, September 4, 2008

McCain Nation

I'm not one for politics...AT ALL! Which is quite odd, because I grew up in a family that was HARDCORE Republican. My Grandpa Joe drilled all of his children and all of us grandchildren to be a Republican and made us recite a song, "We are Republican....we are Republican...we are Republican..." For those of you who already know this song, you know the tune...sorry for those who don't. Then he would quiz us saying, "Now are you a Democrat or a Republican?!?" And all of us would roll our eyes and say with great joy, "Republican!" Flash forward 20 years...here I am...married to a hardcore Republican...who didn't even have the joy in meeting my Grandpa Joe, but no joke, tried to get me excited about RNC and started dancing around singing, "We are Republican, we are Republican, we are Republican..." I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my entire life. I secretly thought...oh Lordy...not only did I marry my father...I think I just married my Grandfather too! If you are any part of the Jacobsen family I bet you are all cracking up right now too. Then George says, "I've never met Grandpa Joe, but I hear he was a great guy!" Man...I truly wish they had met and become friends. They probably would have thrown a joint party for tonight. Our friend Whitney had a the great idea to have a party to watch John McCain's speech tonight...it was originally at her condo, but since Kingston goes to bed pretty early now, we convinced everyone to come over to our place to watch it so we could be in attendance :) John McCain even showed up...along with Sarah Palin...Bristol...AND her baby!
Welcome John McCain.



Vote for John McCain.


Bristol's Baby.

(George handed Kingston a flag and he immediately grabbed onto it and started waving it around. George says, "He's a patriot!" Then I feared he would poke himself in his eye and snatched it away. :)

John McCain is Pro-Life.


Bristol, Sarah Palin & John McCain. We're honored to serve this country!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am laughing so hard right now at your pictures. The one of Kingston with McCain is a little creepy though. And Anne pregnant- that is what she'll actually look like- just a belly!!!

Kjays said...

OMG this is classic Jacobsen!! I love the little Republican, very precious, and John McCain's burley arms. Sarah you are quite smashing as well and well the prego one...just too much.

Carly said...

hi danielle--i love that you guys had a party to watch mccain's speech. we're pretty hardcore republican ourselves but even we didn't do this. awesome! i must know, where did you get the mask? my husband needs one!