Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh Chicago.

I was lucky enough to score a free ticket from my mom to see Faith Hill tape 2 television for PBS Soundstage. One was for a Christmas special and one was for her regular songs. So, my mom and I did the obvious thing...book 2 tickets to Chicago ASAP! We left last Tuesday and came home Friday night. And I can pretty much sum up my trip with one picture...

Missing my boys....tear...sniff...tear again...My mom can attest...I was on my blackberry the ENTIRE time talking to George. I couldn't put it down. And when I wasn't talking to George I was just staring at this photo I took with my phone the night before I left and saved as my wallpaper :) He was so gracious enough to stay home with Kingston and play Mr. Mom while I was gone having fun and getting rest. THANK YOU SO MUCH HUSBAND! But I missed them so much and I think alot of it was being just homesick too. I think my mom thought that I wasn't haven't fun with her at one point, haha. Don't worry KJ's...I had ALOT of fun! Who couldn't forget our highlights:

-Airport security lady, rudely commenting on my photo I.D. saying that I was much more beautiful in my photo then in real live person (then digging herself further into a hole by saying it was the pillow I was holding...good one airport lady)

-Weird lady sitting in the aisle seat on the plane to Chicago that pretty much slept on me the entire flight (I unfortunately had the middle seat...boo) Then as we were landing said..."Good flight, don't you think?" You betcha!

-Lame a$$ tollway's in Chicago.

-Not sleeping a wink the first night cause my mom unfortunately snores. Me complaining to George telling him I'm leaving the room...George CALLING my mom on her cell phone, waking her up to tell her to stop snoring and by no means should I leave the room...my mom hanging up the phone, grabbing my pillow I had by the door and throwing it on the bed and telling me, "You're not going anywhere"...her going back to bed...me standing there feeling trapped...her waking up in the morning not remembering a single thing! Haha!

-Walking into the hotel elevator with a lady with a strong southern accent complaining her card wouldn't work all day to get to the 8th floor penthouse...my mom asking, "Where you from?" then the lady saying in all her southern glory..."Ohio!" (Uh yeah right...nice cover up...you could have at least said Texas)

-I spy with my little eye 2 of Faith Hill's back up singer's in the hotel lobby.

-Faith Hill looking so beautiful and singing so awesome! Even though she had to re-do There You'll Be 4 times :) Remember that when you watch the specials :) Sometimes it took 2 or 3 takes! Weird being at a taping!

-Eating pizza at Uno's.

-Shopping at Woodfield Mall..."Chicago's #1 Tourist Attraction!"...Please Note: I'm not sure who did this survey, but was certainly A.) Not in Chicago or B.) At the wrong mall...clearly not at all that it's cracked up to be.

-Eating lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Navy Pier and me being attacked by a bird...ok..so attacked? Maybe not the best word...I probably should have went with grazed. It flew so violently by me, right across my back, I thought I was going to die a thousand deaths! I felt attacked and then my mom rolled her eyes and laughed at me. Uh...sorry...when a bird flies across your back and you feel their wings flapping you tell me if you get the eeby jeebies.

-Getting to the airport on Friday only to find out my flight back to Seattle was delayed 2 1/2 hours and me breaking down in tears cause all I wanted to do was see my husband!

-FINALLY getting on my flight home, only to have a lady about 5 rows up, pass out in her chair, fall into the aisle, start throwing up while unconscience, 4 doctors on the flight surrounding her...one flight attendant put on a headset to contact the ground and almost making an emergency landing. I have a heart of compassion, but I seriously thought to myself...if this homegirl thinks she can just pass out and stop me anymore from seeing my family I going to be pissed. Yes...pissed. Thank the Lord the pilot came on to say we were beginning out decent into Seattle. Wooooooooo-hoo.

2 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

No you did not almost die by a bird. I told you those things are from the devil.

Kjays said...

haha Savannah, she freaked out a couple of times, thinking she was attacked - D you should watch the movie The Birds and see what a bird attack is really like!! Glad you had fun, I did wonder at times. Faith is the best and I could not of seen her with no one other than with Faith's biggest fan, YOU!! Glad you are home, happy and healthy!! Oh and the best conversation was-
Mom: Can you possibly live without the blackberry for 24 hours?
Danielle: Yes if I was with George!!
It must be A Love Thing!!