Sunday, September 14, 2008

End of Summer Bonfire

It's true kids...if you didn't get the memo...summer is ending and I couldn't be more happier. Yeah...the sun is great and all, but I am a total Fall and Winter girl. LOVE. IT. Love it. I like when it get's dark at like 4pm, cold nights, the holiday's...it's great. But just for the fun of it, I planned a night where a bunch of us should get together, go get happy hour at Ray's Boathouse and then off to Golden Garden's for a bonfire and make smores! However, as of Friday, I didn't want to go anymore, even though I kinda planned it :) Then come Saturday, I REALLY didn't want to go. Only because, I was gone all week...I didn't get home until like 9 or 10pm Friday night, I missed George all week and Kingston and I didn't even get to see Kingston until Saturday morning! The last thing I wanted to do was get a babysitter for Saturday just to go away again. I just wanted to be home with my family. So as you can see, I had a bad attitude from the start. Boo to happy hour. Boo to bonfires. BUT...I went anyway and it turned out great. We left early to Golden Gardens to get a firepit and failed miserably. Not one to be found and not one person willing to give their's up. So we went to Ray's for happy hour pitless. And then, who knew Ray's only had happy hour in their bar area...first come first serve for their 5 tables...it took forever! BUT...I named our group Team Hovercraft and we pretty stalked everyone in that bar! Literally, we would stand over people and when we noticed they were leaving we would confirm with them that they were leaving and practically start sitting on their chair as they were standing up. A little vicious, but hey...gotta do, what you gotta do. After happy hour, we were off to Golden Garden's again to just stake out and see if anyone left. At first...no one left and the people who did, already had others lined up to take their firepit. George even went as far as trying to take over one firepit that had only 3 people there...and they were Asian. Hence...they became "The Asians". Can I say that on a blog? I mean, they were Asian. And "The Asians" refused to let us join and claimed more people were coming. Yeah right. They sat at that pit by themselves for so long. So we just formed our own little group in the middle of the sand in the dark...good...cold...times. We just entertained ourselves by talking, pretty much making fun of one another, Mike attempting to dig his own pit and build his own fire and all of us staring at him cause he was failing miserably...until one FINALLY opened up! Yup, you guessed it..."The Asians" left. Can you believe it? And Team Hovercraft was there to take over. We were all warm, made smores and had more good times until the park closed.

The bonfire we longed for at the beginning of the night...

We were entertaining ourselves by giving me a piggy back ride through the sand.

Team Hovercraft around the bonfire we achieved!

2 comments:

the Pettersen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Pettersen Family said...

I'm so sorry that the Bonfire didn't turn out quite that you guys thought it would have. I was thinking of you guys ALL NIGHT on Saturday while I was in San Fran freezing my tushy off! I'm glad to see that it wasn't a total bust! See you soon, Loves! --Kali