Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wait? Is This Kraft? And A Lemon In My Water?


So Anne and I were in desperate need to find dresses for a party we're going to Friday night. So we make a hop, skip and a jump to downtown Seattle to raid the stores last night. We've pretty much got point 2 hours to get the job done and we still had to eat and make it home before Kingston needed to feed. So we made the obvious choice...go to the Nordstrom Cafe...we can get in and out pretty fast at this time of night. So Anne orders soup...good choice. Me on the other hand wasn't STARVING and not a fan of tomato soup (UNLESS it's tomato cheddar soup from Pasta & Co.....AMAZING!) so I decide to order the kid's Macaroni and Cheese. I mean, you would think..it's Nordstrom...this can be some good mac and cheese. Oh no...up comes our food and there it is in all it's glory...Kraft had it's name written all over it. It looked like Kraft...tasted like Kraft...clearly was made earlier and heated up like leftover Kraft. I mean, I gotta say...I'm a fan of Kraft...but when I'm at home, not when I'm at Nordstrom people and I paid $4.50 for it. If I choose to eat out, I don't want to choose Kraft, I want to choose that freshly baked macaroni noodles with creamy cheese and breadcrumbs. I could have saved the four dollars and fifty cents and ate before I went out and it probably would have been alot warmer too. And to top it off, they gave me my glass of water with a lemon in it. I HATE lemons in my water. And I try to be really good about wherever I go to say "No lemon please." I feel so strongly about that and I think it really ruins my water. I won't even take it out. I will actually ask for a new water. And it's not like I hate lemons...I like lemonade...just not lemon in my water. But you do know what I love? Cucumbers in my water...try it. I'm not kidding you. It's so refreshing.


2 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

The pictures really make this post amazing.

Anne said...

I'm not kidding you, why did we leave that guy two bucks?