Monday, August 4, 2008

Mama Mekhail's Top 5's!

Here you go Chelsea! :)

Things under $5 that I couldn’t live without:
-Starbucks Coffee Frappacino (sometimes, this is what gets me through my day!)
-A toothbrush (gotta keeps those teeth clean)
-A razor (gotta keeps those legs and armpits smooth)
-Deodorent (gotta keep smelling fresh)
-Movies On Demand (ok so they recently went from 4.99 to like 5.99, but it's the perfect in home date with my husband)

Favorite Movies:
-Dirty Dancing
-Love & Basketball
-Benny & Joon
-Treasure Hunting movies
-The Saw series (no joke...I really like them.)

Baby Names I Love (not counting Kingston of course!):
-McKenna
-Emmeline
-Alexa
-Elijah
-Camden for a boy or girl...

Songs I could listen to over and over again (until I get sick of them):
-Deeper (Hillsong United)
-Flying High (Jem)
-Suspended (Matt Nathanson)
-I Need You (Tim McGraw & Faith Hill- This was our first dance as husband and wife :))
-Word Of God Speak (Mercy Me)

Books I love (This was a stretch cause I rarely read!!):
-The Bible
-Bergdorff Blondes by Plum Sykes
- I Promise by Dr. Gary Smalley
-Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
-I heard The Screwtape Letters was a good book?

People who have influenced me in a positive way (plus explanations!):
-George...we've come a long way as a couple and I think most of it had to do with George and who he is as a person. He has helped see that I can be a better person...a better friend...a better wife...a better mom...and a better woman of God and is always there to encourage me and help me.
-Elizabeth Hasselbeck...yup, I said it. You heard it. I just think she is the greatest. I clearly don't know her personally, but I love how cute she is, how family oriented she is, how she has a strong faith in Christ and can be on The View everyday and voice her faith and make an impact in the media. She in a way gives me courage to do the same just in my community.
-Anne...I don't think she knows this, but I just think she has been a great friend since we have met. She is so so so funny, so loving, respectful and loves the Lord alot. Just by being around her, makes me want to be a better friend.
-Savannah...another great friend in my life. We've been friends for so long it's not even funny. I love how she is so laid back, caring, will always tell you the truth and make light of bad situations. I think she has taught me in many ways to not sweat the small stuff and when I still freak out over stupid things, she'll talk sense into me:) She is so funny too, I don't even know who I would be if I didn't have her around to laugh with about things!
-Probably my parents...I mean, they're the reason I'm here right? They brought me into this world so that's huge and did a great job raising me in a Christian home. They were always always supportive and never threw me to the wolves to just do things myself :) I guess they let me stand on my own two feet my whole life, but not really. Does that make sense?

Things that are always in my purse (You mean baby bag right?):
-My blackberry, for sure!
-My wallet
-My keys
-Chapstick or Lipgloss
-Diapers

Moments that changed my life forever:
-When I became a Christian...my life truly isn't the same having the Lord with me...for the better!
-Going to college at SPU...I met two of my greatest friends there Anne and Ashley and it gave me a huge opportunity to become closer to my best friend Savannah.
-After I moved home after college, my dad got a job transfer back up to Seattle so we moved as a family and met George at the job I got when I moved back.
-The day I married George (June 15, 2007)...greatest. husband. ever.
-The day Kingston was born (June 4, 2008)...handsomest. baby. ever.

Obsessions I currently have:
-Buying clothes (I no longer fit in pre-pregnancy clothes and no longer fit in maternity clothes...you do the math)
-Playing the original Zelda for Nintendo
-Kingston George
-Checking my Facebook and Blog
-Jon & Kate Plus 8

Places I would like to go:
-Whistler, Canada
-The Bahamas
-Italy
-New York, New York
-Santorini, Greece

Appliances or kitchen tools I couldn’t live without (figuratively speaking):
-My KitchenAid
-My collanders
-The refridgerator
-The microwave
-The oven and stove (you like how I tried to throw a 6th in there haha!)

People whose top 5’s I would like to see (If they haven't already):
-Savannah Baltera
-Jen St. Hilaire
-Katie Kavulla
-Allie Shilling
-Anyone else who has a blog and I don't know about it:)

1 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

Are blog surveys the new myspace surveys?