Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend O' Fun

After the reunion on Friday night we had a busy weekend ahead of us visiting with family and friends like last weekend. This weekend George and I both had a cousin in town so Saturday we visited a bit with his then went up to Lake Steven's to Daniel's parents house. Lake Stevens has this thing every year called Aquafest on the lake and since Daniel's parents live ON the lake, they invited a ton of us to hang out, bbq, play volleyball and go boating. However, did anyone notice the weather was super LAME? Yeah...we did. So no boating for us or anything, I sat around and watching G play like 5 games of volleyball in which he owned pretty much everyone else out on the field. Yea babe! Then on Sunday we went to my parent's house to visit with my cousin Erica and her two little ones, Ireland and Luke. It's kinda funny, we think Kingston is getting bigger and bigger everyday, which he is, but then we see other babies and think wow, Kingston is still so midge! Ireland is almost 3, but Luke is just 7 1/2 months and he looks like a 3 year old he's so big! When we sat the boy's next to each other, Kingston looks soooo little! It's nice to know he's still a widdle baby and he's not a grown man yet :) And boy was it a blast to see what it was like to have a 2 year old and a baby...as Erica would call it: It's a circus:) George and I are still trying to handle one baby now...I can't imagine potty training Kingston as he's runnin' around climbing the curtains as I'm also caring for a baby. I guess it's all relative. I'm sure when that time comes for us I will think my time now was easy! Ha! Oh yes...and through this long busy weekend, we have officially decided Kingston is able to sleep through the night! Yea!!!! Well...I guess Kingston decided...he's awake alot more during the day, which is nice. So he goes down for bed officially around 9:30/10:00pm and then get's up about 5:00/5:30am...that's pretty good right for 7 weeks? Then even after we feed him at 5:30am he'll go back down and get up about 9ish as happy as can be. I can't believe it...I'll just hear him up and I'll go in and he's just hangin' out in the crib, smilin' and stuff. Amazing. This morning I snapped a photo as he yawned...stretched from his long night of sleep and smiled. I. Love. Him.

At Lake Steven's hangin' inside cause it got cold :)

Kingston and Luke.

Awwwwww.

Just the Three of Us. (Kingston, Luke & Ireland)

Morning Mommy!

Man this was a long night!

Don't worry...I'm smiling now, but you just wait til later...

1 comments:

The McGarrys said...

Kingston is SOOO cute! He reminds me a lot of Ian as a baby! Enjoy this time of getting to focus on just him during the day! You'll think back on this time so fondly. And yes, he's doing GREAT sleeping that long at 7 weeks. Ian was that way, too... Alek, not so much. It's ok, we'll get there! (; Take care!