Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Man I'm Tired

Whoever said parenting a baby was easy, was wrong. Oh wait...no one has ever said that. It must have been in a dream. Oh wait...I don't have dreams anymore cause I never sleep long enough to have one. This is a rough place to be. I truly have way more respect for single mom's and even those who are married with children...and work! The Lord has blessed us so much already. He has blessed me with a wonderful husband who works really hard. He has blessed us with a great home, in a great location. And even though we weren't expecting it...he has blessed with a beautiful baby boy and the opportunity for me to stay home with him and help him grow. I feel bad alot cause even though I still don't work, I still can't do it all on my own. I don't know where I would be without the support and help of my husband. I swear, by the time 6 pm rolls around, I watch that front door like a hawk waiting for him to walk through, only for me to hand off the goods (that's Kingston by the way) so I can rest. Even still, I now have him helping me with feedings at night and he still has to get up in the morning and work a full day. It's now starting to catch up with both of us, especially George. He's in bed right now, just exhausted and a migraine headache that hasn't gone away in a while...he says that he's had it since he married me, but who are we kidding? I'm like the most tolerable wife EVER! Who would have a headache? :) Anyways, so I'm taking all the night feedings tonight. Which, I don't mind. I need to help him out just as much as he helps me. AND! Tomorrow's my birthday. Yea...I'll be another year old in about an hour. And what I'm getting for my birthday...sleep! Much needed sleep! My mom is going to take Kingston for the night while George and I spend a night out to dinner and then seriously in bed. I'm afraid I'll never wake up! I'm so exhausted myself. Bouncing baby for 24 hours is the greatest thing that ever happened to me and yet the most frustrating thing all rolled into one. How do people do it? Do you ever think about the most frustrating things in your life and wonder what it would be like to not know God? Seriously...I rely so much on prayer these days, I'm just absolutely sure He is the only one getting me through these rough times that I just don't know what I would do if I didn't know Him. You know what's even more stressful sometimes besides the no sleep factor? Making sure that you're doing your absolute best as a parent to help and guide your child in knowing Christ. You can't make them know and love God and it would break my heart if Kingston never knew the relationship he was meant to have with Christ someday. I pray he will.

3 comments:

George said...

Amen! best post ever. Love you :) and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

a) happy birthday

b) kingston is the cutest thing EVER. Seriously, I showed my husband his picture and we both agree that he is going to be a major heartbreaker!

c) i totally agree about having so much respect for moms who work. i feel like it is a full time job (that i sometimes can't even stay on top of) to take care of finley and the house. i can't imagine not being able to nap when i'm tired. i think your that your night alone to rest sounds like the best birthday gift EVER!! Enjoy!

C.J. and Jen said...

Oh Danielle, that is all SOOOO true. It's amazing how once you have a baby, you look at all the women you know who have had babies in the past and you're like:"seriously, you did this?" It is SOOOO much work but SO rewarding. Crazy how much you love the little guy, huh? Hang in there...it does get easier even though it seems like you'll NEVER get a solid night's sleep again.

By the way, your charm bracelet story made me laugh SOOOO hard.