Friday, July 4, 2008

My 26th Birthday


So my birthday gift of sleep didn't go totally as planned. As you realize, I'm making this post at 8:30am. We dropped Kingston off at Grandma's at 5:30pm last night with probably everything we owned for him and 3 pages of instructions :) Yes, even though I am all grown up and think my parents did a pretty darn good job with me I still think she needed a manual for my son. My mom laughed so hard, she said she was going to save it. I mean what new mom doesn't teach the babysitter when to feed, how to give a bath, how to dress and to make sure they swaddle correctly? Seriously. Anyways, after George practically shoving me out the door so we could make our dinner reservations, I kissed Kingston goodbye and off we went. I opened the car door to find my birthday gift from George! Ok...so I have this charm bracelet right? I hinted awhile back that I wanted a new charm for it from Tiffany's. So I emailed him the link to the charms that I liked and one of them were the alphabet charms. However, the online PHOTO of it is the letter A and then they have an arrow to click and the drop down pops up with all the letters of the alphabet so you can choose with letter you want, right? Simple enough. Oh no. George writes an email back and is so confused why I want a charm with the letter A. Proceeds to write out each name he could think of and how each one doesn't start with an A. Seriously, I have a list of like 20 names in an email. So I write back and I'm like...douche. It's the whole alphabet and it's all the letters...blah blah blah. He got it right? Wrong. I open up my gift and in all it's glory...it's the letter A!!!! George (right when I opened it up and so so so excited I might add) "I got you the Aaaaaaa!" Oh dear. You should have seen the look on my face. I wasn't even disappointed, I was laughing so hard! He was still confused. So I again, explained, there was a letter for each letter in the alphabet, it would make more sense to buy me a D. The next words out of his mouth..."You're not going to blog about this are you?" Of course I am! He's so sweet though and was so cute when I opened it up. I wish I caught it all on camera. The rest of the night we enjoyed out to dinner and then came right home. We battled each other for about 20 minutes playing Dr. Mario on Wii. That's right kids...Dr. Mario. You're jealous. It's ok. Then off to bed! Who knew that I would still wake up on Kingston's exact feeding times? It's true and could barely fall back asleep. The night was relaxing, but just not what I had hoped for. That's ok...I miss the little guy like crazy and can't wait to see him today!!

1 comments:

George said...

I feel like Ross on Friends sometimes reading these with attepmts to defend myself sounding like... "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!"

Whatever.