Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Sad Goodluck


My bff of 14 years is off to Vegas! She and her husband have been living in Seattle the past 2 years while she got her master's degree at UW. Then, she had to go and get a job in Vegas...boo. It has all been a speculation for the past 6 or so months, probably longer than that. Then just two weeks ago, she found out she got the job and they wanted her to start on the 14th. What?!?! I only have 2 weeks to cope with the fact that you're just not down the 520 anymore? We have pretty much spent every day together up until last night. A bunch of us helped them pack up, had dinner together, then roommate had to give me a sad goodbye card, we hugged, I had to cry then we left. It's weird, before they lived in Seattle, they were in Corvallis at OSU. We weren't in the same state for like 4 or so years and it was fine! We still saw each other and talked all the time. I may just be having such a hard time cause we're older, have gotten so much closer together and have shared so many important events in each of our lives, like weddings and kids. It will be hard to get a phone call from her announcing she's having a baby and I won't be there to share in the pregnancy the same way as she was there for me. I'm so excited for them though...it's always fun to start something new. Also a little jealous...she'll have practically a year round tan and gets to lay by a pool everyday and I...well...live in Seattle. We all know we get like 5 nice days out of the year. Oh well, I will still get to visit alot and just so happens JB's mom lives around here so they'll be back here too! I'll miss her though and JB. I'll miss our bbq's...going to the movies and giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to the previews...our husbands wanting to always play the Wii...hearing crazy hotel stories...JB's "I can't believe you just said that, we can no longer be friends" death look (I got it often by they way :) that's probably why they're in Vegas now haha)...going to the Village...going to Panera Bread (Anne and I will just have to go by ourselves)...sugar cookies at christmas time...the haunted forest at halloween (yes, I think I'll miss it)... our anti-climatic new years eve's and 4th of July's...shopping...endless memories, but I'm sure we'll make more! I love you both so much! I don't want to say goodbye cause we'll see each other again soon so I'll say goodluck to you both and hope things go great for you down there! P.S. Kingston is making goo goo's in his bouncer right now...I think he says goodluck too!

1 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

Thanks Roommate! This was very sweet! Miss you so much already!!