Monday, June 1, 2009

A Simple 'Thank You' Is All I Need.

I do not care who you are, how old you are, where you were born, where you were raised, what kind of car you drive, how many kids you have, what kind of music you listen to, who you voted for or who your father is...where's the common courtesy on the road these days? Let's see: I'm the one who's been sitting in a single long line of cars, trying to get through a traffic light and pass the road construction. I didn't HAVE to let you in, as you sat pathetically, with the sun beating down, in your run-down with probably no air-conditioning car. I realize you've been sitting there waiting to turn. Probably not patiently either. I've got a screaming toddler in the car, who's hungry. He wants to eat. I want to eat. I still stop and let you go cause even on the flip side, I can't stand it when people see you waiting and waiting and waiting and no one let's YOU go. So I let you go. Then YOU see me stop, smile, wave for you to go and YOU stare at me, go, and keep going, arm hanging out the window and all. What? No courtesy wave? Rude. Get a clue. You're lucky I'm somebody's mother.

0 comments: