Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Good Refresher {Now & Then}.

As much as a nice ice cold blended strawberry lemonade sounds right now, it's not the kind of refreshment I need these days {Although, I'm for sure running to the nearest Starbucks for one shortly cause now I just don't think I can go one without one:)}. One of my fav's in music is Shawn McDonald. If you can, play the song below and I'll let you in on one of my most biggest struggles in life: calming the crap down.

Sometimes I feel like I'm racing through life and can't catch a breath. And I can't be the only one feeling this way. I don't know what it is for you, but for me just in the past week? Let's see: My son's first birthday, our 2nd anniversary coming up, a messy house, a trillion things going wrong with George's car including being hit in a parking lot, our freezer DE-freezing and everything I just bought at the grocery store RUINED, chasing baby, and stupid stupid stuff like I gotta get a blog in or OMG, I didn't set my DVR. I stress over that people and much more. My anxiety runs high and it's all I think about. Sometimes I skip breakfast or lunch just so I can either get stuff done or so I can sit on my lazy bum and think about all I have to do. Yup, I just admitted I sit alot just to stress over what needs to be done. But check me out...I'm not a total Debbie Downer {wah wahhhhh} cause in Christ is where I find peace. In Him, I soar. And TO Him I can say, "Pour out your mercy and clear this busy mind...You are all I need." So much stuff is gonna come and it's also gonna go and what matters is how I handle it. Do I tend to handle it the right way? Eh...not so much. But I try. And I just found out that over half the stuff I stress about it not even a big deal. {I know, right?} Like, on a scale from 1-10, one being not a big deal at all and ten being hold up mr. lover, that's HUGE deal...I think everything is 10. It's a huge deal in and of itself that I think everything is a HUGE deal! I would have to say I cause alot of the chaos in my life. That's just my life. And it's a refreshment I need everyday to know that I am able to follow the footprints of Christ and know that he embodies the peace I need to catch a break in this world.

2 comments:

George said...

Amen baby!! Please don't stress, I love you!!

Kjays said...

Ditto the Amen!!! You are getting better ... but then again I don't see you as much :) God IS Working!