Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Bubba!

Today is Kingston's FIRST birthday!

A year ago today, our sweet lil' boy entered the world.

Now, he's grown up into such big boy!

I feel like even from 11 months to one year, he's changed so much! His walking has gotten so better, he even tries to run. However, that's when he tends to trip over his feet. :) Kingston's back to teething too...he has 2 more teeth coming in on the bottom, which will bring the grand total to 8 teeth! Wow!

We had his one year check up today at the doc. Healthy as a clam. Is that the saying? Who knows...but he's perfect! Still a little peanut: 30 inches in height and weighs 19 pounds. The greatest news of all is the nurse said, "Wow...he looks EXACTLY like you!" And was looking at me! ME! Not George...ME! Did you hear me? ME! She made my day! Yup...she said he was a spitting image of me, just a tan version...ha!

I can keep going on and on and on about Kingston...he is so sweet, so funny, so handsome, so everything! As you can see above, he is such a daddy's boy. To think God has entrusted us with this precious lil' boy is just so A-mazing. We feel so blessed and can't believe one year has gone by so fast and that we actually survived it! :) G and I have absolutely no idea what we are doing, but we're doing it together and that's all that matters. We seek Christ everyday to give us the strength...the patience...the wisdom...the love...to raise our son. If you are any sort of reader of my blog, please...continue to lift our family in prayers that we will continue to seek Christ as we journey through life, build and raise our family in this crazy world and lay your hands over my son and future children, as I lay mine out for yours, that they will learn to love Christ at an early age as much and George and I do! I love you bubba! Happy 1st Birthday!

P.S. We're have a birthday party for Kingston this Saturday and taking family photos at the park on Sunday! Stay tuned for blogs about those! :)

2 comments:

Sass27 said...

Cute Post. I would agree that Kingston is a sweetheart love, love, love that kid..:) If you guys ever need a weekend nanny i'm lways around;) Can't wait for the little guys party! see ya soon.

~Sarah~

The Baltera Family said...

Seems like only yesterday Anne and I were hiding in the elevator at Overlake...ah good times.