Thursday, June 18, 2009

'a lighthearted take on everday life'

Raise your hand if you read Real Simple magazine? {*hand raised*} I came across this very interesting and almost "I wish they had a book like this for reals" piece in the most recent July 2009 issue. Go pick one up. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200 dollars {actually, if you are lucky enough to collect $200 dollars on your way, please, collect.}. It's a piece written by Sarah Schmelling and I have to say it made me chuckle. You ever wonder when you actually became a grown up? Or when it should be starting? Or sometimes you just find yourself sitting down and thinking, "What in the world do I do next?" Cause you just moved out of your parents house at the ripe 'ole age of 30, or you just quit your job, or you just got a new job, or you haven't married yet or you got married, but somehow you always feel like there should be a next step. Kinda like when you were in highschool and you just say to yourself, "Welp, I guess I'll go to college now..." Cause, that's what you do? Maybe I feel this way, cause I've been to college, got married, started having kids, bought a house and now I'm looking for my next venture. Who am I? Tori Spelling? Don't worry...I won't be opening any fry business anytime soon with a trillion million variety of dips to go along. However, I did try to convince George to "pretend" we were getting married again and to go ring shopping for the next great thing just so we can be in that stage of "going after something". He didn't buy it {the idea or the ring}. Maybe I'll start writing a book? Whatever it is that's coming my way, I do wish I had a What To Expect When I'm Expecting Life book. {Maybe I'll write it?} That I can just open up to MY year and see...well...what to expect! I'm coming up on the big 2-7 in two weeks. Yikes! It doesn't sound that old to most people but when you robbed the cradle and married a man who's 4 years younger? Let's just say my breathing becomes a little heavier at each birthday. It would be nice to open up to page 114 and have a well acclaimed new york times best seller say, "Your 27-year-old is looking younger and younger each day. She's a knockout of a woman and out to change to world. By this year, your 27-year-old should be able to text 100 words a minute, will probably be able to find her way around Whole Foods and may even be able to find that perfect outfit on sale to go with your matching bright colored Tory Burch cluth you just HAD to have."

1 comments:

Ashley Woods said...

thanks for making me smile, i guess being 27 is awesome!