Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrating 2 years as Husband & Wife.

I know what you're thinking: that George is one lucky son of a gun. I mean really...all the joy and love you experience by being married to me? Who wouldn't want that? But let me fill you in on a lil' secret {just a lil' one}, there is no one in the world like George. No one will ever compare. And I will never love anyone as much as I love George for the rest of my life. Today, we recognize...we honor...and we celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Seeing as though today is also a work day and George is the hardest working husband I know {sorry husbands, don't even try to compete ;)}, we did most of the celebrating last Saturday. George planned an entire day and evening for us while Kingston spent the day and night at Gido and Teta's home. The day didn't go ENTIRELY to plan, but we still had so much fun! We kinda forgot what it was like to not have an agenda and how much fun it was to just be us...together.


Recently, G & I have been reading a parenting book called Parenting with Love & Logic. I read it first, loved it, now George and I are reading it together and still love it. Our Saturday celebration was built around this book. If you haven't read it, it is basically about teaching your children to make their own decisions early. Give them choices. So when we loaded up the car bright and early Saturday there was a sweet love note from George and my intinerary for the day and night. He planned the entire day from breakfast, to many series of activities, lunch, dinner, movie and thensome. And for each category, there were 2 choices to choose from. I had so much fun picking what I wanted to do and trying new things together! Of course, no day goes perfectly and we had minor hiccups here and there, maybe throw a marital spat in the middle of the day and by the end of the day dinner, movie and getting home to bed early soon became a..."Hey, let's invite our friends out to eat with us!" Which then turned into a night out on the town, a late night and a very miserable and tiring Sunday. But, we made up for the dinner and & movie tonight and had another great time out! Happy Anniversay baby! I love you lots and can't wait for many more years!

2 comments:

Whitney Andersen said...

Happy Anniversary! and thank you for making Anne's tan somewhat less obvious.

Kjays said...

HAHA you are funny! I think I having been saying it for a few years and as recently as Kingston's Birthday Party, GEORGE IS AN ANGEL FROM UP ABOVE, no if, ands or buts about it!! I love you Both and adore your choice of lifetime mate :)