Friday, November 14, 2008

No Contest Follow Up:

Now before you all start commenting and calling me Britney (a hem, roommate) I thought I would just share the little story behind the picture. First off...the car isn't really moving peeps. We're actually just sitting the parking lot of the Walmart. Yes, Walmart. In Everett. I hope current mommie's and daddie's can relate to this story and all you future mommie's and daddie's? Well...this is what you have to look forward to! So George and I were on the hunt for a high chair. You think you want the 300 dollar one, cause ooooo "It's so pretty!" and it cost 300 dollars so it must be the best, right? Nah. You want something simple, easy to clean, can possibly take with you...so hence why we're at Walmart picking up the 20 dollar high chair. Which by the way? The great thing. Anyways...so...have you ever been to Walmart and just when you start to think this place really isn't all that bad, you then get to the check out lines? Yeah, that's when all the crazies become more apparent to you and the lines are so outrageous, even with their 40 check out lines. Of course, Kingston is super fussy cause he's starving and his diaper reeks like the dumpster behind Dick's. So George stays in line and I decide to take Kingston to the car for a quick change and a feeding. No problem right? Right. That's until his diaper is the worse you've ever seen it and you clearly didn't grab more wipes so you only have approximately 4 wipes to get the job done. Speaking of...aren't there just days when you see a poopy diaper and you're like, "Oooookay, THIS is the worse diaper I've ever seen!" Each poopy diaper seems to get worse...It's either that or my tolerance is just getting really low. OR it could just be the fact I was in the Walmart parking lot people with my kid laying down crooked in the front seat, his head shoved in the seatbelt holster, his legs flailing, a whole lot of nastiness covered everywhere, up his back, I'm trying to hold on to his feet with one hand and trying to use my free hang to grab a clean diaper and my 4 wipes...In the meantime, finding myself in an awkward position myself as I'm bent down inside the car, my back is hurting, my left arm is starting to ache from holding Kingston legs and half his body up so he doesn't keep falling back into the nastiness (I had to salvage my 4 wipes, I didn't have time to keep cleaning the same spot cause I couldn't do my part)...Oh Looky George is back! So he helps out by taking the dirty diaper out from underneath him. Great! But now, my left arm gives out, Kingston falls flat down, getting everything over the changing pad (p.s. good thing I had that changing pad down cause I think George would die if this got on his seats) Ugh. Disaster. Times you wish you didn't have a child, cause I wouldn't even be at Walmart to begin with. But that's a whole different blog. Side note: Kingston is laying beside me playing, he pulled his sock off, put it in his mouth and is now trying to balance it on his face. Literally. He sets it on his forehead then shakes around and it falls off and then he puts it back on his forehead and shakes. Oh Babies. They're so weird. And kinda smart. Anyways, my Walmart disaster did end. I got everything cleaned off in my minimal amount of wipes, the changing pad reeked but that got thrown in the back seat until we got home so I could really disinfect it. So we just sat for a moment, in the car, fed the kid and let him play around a bit. Funny how the big brown puppy dog eyes and the giggles can make you forget the hassles so quickly!

0 comments: