Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tim McGraw Concert

I was coming to grips with the fact that I would not be able to see Tim McGraw in concert this year. His tour just so happened to fall right when I had Kingston so I thought there was no hope...until...my dad had to bail out on my mom for the Seattle show last night and George gladly stepped in as babysitter for Kingston, after all, he is the kids father, right? The concert was at the White River Amphitheater in Auburn. I've never even been to Auburn. What a place. I even spied a real live Indian Pow Wow. I told George and he said, "You mean the firework stand Danielle." And I say...no, a pow wow. It said. "Pow Wow" this way. Anywho, we arrived at the amphitheater at like 4:00pm only to find that gates to go INTO the parking lot didn't open until 5:30pm. Boo. So we sat in a car line for about an hour or so and immediately met Ted. Oh, yes, Ted. I seriously thought he was running the joint, until I just realized he was just an overly friendly "fan". I'm hesitant to put fan cause it was his first concert and the guy was like in his 40's. Boy was Ted a talker and even offered us a Diet Coke while we waited in the car line. Oh Ted. 5:15pm rolls around...yes! They're letting us in 15 minutes early. We park, gather our tickets and passes and attended the pre-party show. Not much drama there until we actually leave to go to the real show. We find our seats and there is this older lady...eh...I swear in her 60's...decked out in this old school cowboy outfit: White cowboy hat, white cowboy shirt with those hangy tassles things on it, jeans, red boots and the best part...bright pink eyeshadow with glitter and matching pink glitter lip gloss. She just so happened to be re-applying her lip gloss as we got to our seats and she had her makeup sprawled across my seat and as I looked at her like she was crazy she told me she needed to finish her lipgloss then she would move her things. Oooooook. Little did I know, she would re-apply this nastified pink glitter lipgloss every 10 minutes and that she literally was so tanked I didn't know whether to be annoyed or laugh. She moved her things, I sat down and she immediately was trying to talk to me about if I drink beer and if we can drink it in the arena. She reeked of a mixture of alcohol and cheap parfume. Then she got jealous that I was wearing a pre-show party tag around my neck. She was trying to say something to me and I couldn't hear her cause Halfway to Hazard was performing. I made the mistake of saying, "What?" and homegirl, grabbed my head and shoved it against hers and was slurring something like, "I paid 600 dollars for my ticket to sit here, where's my necklace?" In the meantime, I'm trying to grab my mom's attention and pull away from the lady as my face is plastered against hers. You think my mom notices? Nope, she's trying to get a pick from the guitarist. Finally, I pull away, more worried that her cheap parfume rubbed off me. The lady proceeds to tell me she's going to grab Tim's butt and give him a big kiss. I was like, uhhh, could you not? He won't ever come this way again if you do that and she says, oh yes he will, he'll come back for more. Really lady? Really? My mom and I check you later to the bathroom, I couldn't take it anymore and the show has barely started. We come back with caramel corn and a water. Bad idea. Drunk lady ends up leaving for a bit, thank the lord I got another break, but then comes back. Awwwww man. She gets to her chair and falls right on me as she's trying to sit down. I ignore her at this point. The last straw though...I pull my caramel corn out to eat it and as my hand is in the bag and I'm pulling it out, homegirl goes after my caramel corn and tries to eat it! Then did this freakishly weird laugh. It was like a slurring smokers laugh. I would have never thought you could slur while you laugh. I snatched the bag away and kinda hit her hand and the guard guy came over and had to mediate the situation. Homegirl apologized. So my mom decided to snap a photo of me with this lady and as she's taking the photo, drunk lady shoves her hand right on top of my breast. Oofta. Ladies and Gentleman, Tim McGraw hasn't even took the stage yet! But when he did...I never left the edge of the stage so I didn't see the lady ever again. Thank the Lord. She was something else in her cowboy getup. The concert was amazing by the way. I have the photos to prove it. My battery died towards the end though so I didn't capture the whole event. I did catch one horrible photo of a guy trying to fight Tim. Some guy caused raucus in the front and in the middle of a song Tim told him to knock it off. Homeboy wouldn't so Tim called security. Tim started chewing him out and homeboy continued to fight this other guy next to him so Tim grabbed a hold of him and started pulling him up on stage. And this guy was huge. I mean huge. Tim pulled him up though and homeboy seriously wanted to fight Tim and started to throw a punch and Tim basically was like, bring it, I'll take you down, but security hauled him off. Then Tim turned around and finished the song. Good Times down in Auburn. I have a few more photos in my album...

I really was this close. We held hands and I rubbed his boot. :)

The Fight!

0 comments: