Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Day Out...Alone...

Just a quick blurb to say...oofta. George is back to work and I finally have permission to lift more than the weight of my baby. So I decided to take the babe out and visit some friends I haven't seen since he was born. Here's how it went...got baby bag packed...got baby dressed...put baby in car seat...moved car seat to the kitchen so I could lock up Gracie...realized I can't carry the carseat with babe inside...stopped to catch my breath...fanned my face...locked up Gracie...grabbed baby bag...grabbed keys...grabbed baby...waddled to the garage that is only 5 feet away...put babe down...loaded car with baby stuff...realized there's not enough room in the garage for me to put babe in car...backed car out of the garage...panicked that someone was going to steal my baby while he was chillin' in the garage...got babe and waddled to the car door that is only 10 feet away...stopped to catch my breath...fanned my face...shoved the car seat into the car only making it halfway there...stopped to catch my breath...had a moment of regret for buying a Tahoe seeing as though it's making it ten times harder to get my kid in...regained my composure...clicked that dang seat in place...off I went. Half hour people. That's how long that took and you can imagine what it was like when I got home. This time, I had stopped at Babysrus for some more blankets and I picked up my husband's dry cleaning on the way home (I'm already up for Mom Of The Year) so I had more gear to carry and unload. It was rough.

0 comments: