Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Trying To Get This Baby Out

I'm convinced that I am seriously the most unlucky peeps in this world. So you always hear about those ways or shall I say myths on how to get your baby progressing. There's walking...eating spicy foods...drink castor oil...have sex...pressure massage...and sure there are others. So of course, I go for the massages, I mean, even if it didn't work at least I'd feel a little better right? So two friends recommended two different places to get massages from. I jump on both. One appointment was today, my other one...not til Sunday. (Let's hope I don't even make it there). Anywhoooooo...I'm not even going to name names, but let's just say my massage therapist didn't speak english. Problem. So she's massaging my little toesies and feet and I deliberately mention I'm 40 weeks, need to get this baby out, please please please hit all pressure points you know of to help me. She nods, yes, and then points to my heel and says, "no" and then makes a hand motion of a pregnant belly on herself and says, "baby" and points back to my foot and says, "no." I'm not having any of this so I point to my foot and say, "Baby, yes!" And she says, "No baby." And I say, "Seriously, I want baby." I'm seriously trying to argue with this lady and finally just let her be after her 3rd motion of a pregnant belly and the word "no". So after a bit and after her avoiding a crucial part of my foot that actually really hurts I try to come at her a different way and ask her if she could rub my heel more and around my ankles...oh no...homegirl caught on to what I was doing and did another pregnant belly motion and pointed to my foot with a "Baby...no." So I gave up. Laid there the rest of the time trying to relax but all I can think of is what a waste.

0 comments: