Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I want to wish all the mother's a special Mother's Day, especially all the new mom's out there. Yea for us! It's like having another birthday :) I do want to point out that my very first Mother's Day card did come from the bff, even before my husband. Very thoughtful of her, especially since it was Saturday night and we were actually out celebrating HER talent and accomplishment of completely her final voice recital! She is on her way to getting her Masters in Opera vocal performance and should graduate in June. No joke, the recital was like an hour long of just her singing 20 different songs, half in a different language. She was amazing and did a great job! Then afterwards we all went out to eat at Maggiano's. Oh yes, I said it...Maggiano's. I posted a few pictures of the night, not a whole lot. I always, always, make the mistake of giving George the job of taking photos. And if you haven't noticed already, he captures about 2 good ones and he very much enjoys taking random photos of people when they aren't looking. I actually had to delete like 10 photos off the camera. They weren't even worthy of downloading onto the computer. Not that I'm much better. I would have just not taken any really. We are not picture people, but would like to be. We hope that at least when we have our baby we will become very good at it. Until then, I will keep trying and no joke, probably the majority of all pictures you see from me I have stolen from my friends :) Thank you! But seriously...I don't know what it is about Maggiano's cause every time we walk away from there, it's always a night to remember. There was about 16 of us so it was definitely good times, especially since George hung out with the boys the entire night (half of it at the bar I think) which did include Vanna's brother, who we are all still in shock he is still alive today from all his drinking :) Then my parents were there who chatted it up with Vanna's parents who they don't see too often since then live in Oregon. Bottles of wine, martini's, whiskey and I'm sure alot more alcohol later...they all thought they were so funny! There was a point where my mom was taking shots of what I guess is called a Snakebite (she swears by these, by the way) and she goes on to hold up her empty glass to the waiter and shakes it in the air to signal, "Bring on another one." Then George orders one after her and then announces, "I gotting what you gotting." That's when we knew it was time to leave, but since I walk as slow as a turtle I'm the last one out and as I round the corner out of Maggiano's to get to the elevators, there is my husband, his arm around my OB doctor and yells out, "Look who I found!" Ooooo-mmmm-g. I'm already embarrassed. George seriously looked like Buddy Elf who found out Santa was coming. Of all people you want to run into right now, this is not the person. My poor innocent doctor just got out of a movie with his wife and I'm sure just wanted to get to his car and get home. Then my mom found out who it was and was just going off on how they all want me to go into labor that night and on and on about I don't even know what. I try to make small talk and act normal and thank the Lord when the elevator opens, but Dr. Nudleman and his wife come in too so now it's an awkward ride down to the parking levels and I think I was trying to avoid him, but George and my mom kept trying to talk to them. Any other time would be fine, but after all those drinks, they were just loud and talking about my labor and I was uncomfortable. Thank the Lord they got out first, but not before the door closes, my mom yells out, "See you tonight!!!!" Ask me how excited I am for my pelvic exam tomorrow?

2 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

Maybe we should never go back to Maggiano's....

Kjays said...

Not a true story