Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Funeral.

Gordon Ray Vannatter March 29,1931 - March 27, 2009
My last grandparent (My mom's dad) passed away last Friday afternoon. Just two days shy of what would have been his 78th birthday. This is the most recent photo I had of him. This was taken at the beginning of September when Kingston was 3 months old. George & I drove to Oregon with Kingston so my grandfather could meet and see him. I'm so glad he was around for his first great-grandchild. The weekend of March 21st, I received word that he wasn't doing to well and his days if not minutes were numbered. So George & I (with Kingston) drove down to Oregon to be with him. He couldn't really move, see or talk, but could hear. And I know that he knew we were all there. Since the 21st, life was super hard. I felt like my whole world was on hold. It was just a waiting period...watching the time literally tick by every second, wondering when he would take his last breath. To watch and wait as he slowly passed was horrible. In that time though, he came to Christ and was baptized! I'll miss him dearly, but I know he's in a better place now...with my grandmother...and with my Lord.

1 comments:

The Rudzek Family said...

I am so sorry to hear this! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!