Monday, April 6, 2009

10 Months!

Kingston has learned so much this past month! I'm so bummed too that I have started to dwindle on the photo taking again so I don't have any new photos yet for you. Here's a quick breakdown:

  • As you know, he was worming his way through life until he started "officially" crawling at exactly 9 months. Now, he has learned to pull himself up, walks around the furniture and has even begun to walk with his lil push/walker toys. Aw, he looks so cute. The only thing: he hasn't learned to turn around on his own yet so he pushes his toy straight into the wall or a piece of furniture and then wails cause he can't go anymore. It's pretty exhausting for me cause I have to keep trying to teach him to turn.
  • His balance is getting better and better on his feet. When we used to walk him around the house he would mainly use his tip toes. Now, he plants his foot on the ground pretty good. He just may take off on me one of these days!
  • Kingston babbles a ton and will mimic your voices, especially when you say, "Kingston, say mama..." And he'll actually repeat it!
  • He learned to clap his hands! He fully understands you when you ask him to do it too!
  • He has finally taken a liking to feeding himself. Boy, I thought this day would never come! He has seemed so clueless on what is food and it finally clicked one day.
  • We're still working on signing. I've been signing to him since he was 7 months and he for sure won't repeat it or do it back, but I think he is starting to realize what it means when I do it. Not sure though...
  • Kingston is becoming quite the traveller. We had to road trip to Oregon 2 times within a week of each other and he did pretty darn good for a wee one (I, however, barely survived...there's just something about a fussy/whiny child in a car when you know you still have 2 hours to go...I couldn't handle it very well). And, we will be going to Cali in 3 1/2 weeks with him too for a wedding! Our first plane ride! Woohoo!
  • It's becoming a huge challenge to change his diaper. All he wants to do is take off on me.
  • He's suprisingly not into much around the house. Our main concern is his love for cellphones and laptops and he sees one and beelines it for one. Other than those, he doesn't touch Gracie's dog bowls...doesn't play with the tv/sterio stuff...doesn't touch the bookshelf...he plays with one drawer and one drawer only in the kitchen and just so happens to be a drawer I don't even keep anything in...he doesn't go play in the bathroom, unless someone is in there, then you have to be careful not to leave him in there cause one thing he does love are DOORS and he'll end up shutting the door and he'll be all alone in the dark and get scared.
  • A new and recent thing for him: he carries his toys in his mouth. He's pretty much a squirrel. If he likes a certain small toy, he tucks it in his mouth, under his teeth and carries it around like that. If it falls out? He shoves it back in. :)

Those are your Kingston updates! Oh yeah...I have him on video walking around with his toy...I will try and post those later!

0 comments: