Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Official.

I recently became a Provisional Member of the Junior League of Seattle. For those who are unfamilier with JLS you can go to their website to learn more about them (www.jrleagueseattle.org). In a nutshell: it is an organization of women who promote volunteerism and do a variety of service projects and charitable work within their community. I am actually quite excited about my new endeavor. I have always had a heart for missions and service and there never seemed to be a "perfect" time to get involved or go somewhere or do something. I want more in my life besides being a mommy and would love to have my children grow up in a home where they see their mommy not just focused on her own family, but her community and others who are in need as well. I am hoping that I enjoy this program and that it is something that I can be involved in for many years. My good friend Anne has also joined with me so it will be extra uber exciting to do something like this with someone like her. We're going to change the world. Look out!

1 comments:

Anne said...

Look out is right!! Your going to be President forsure!

PS How did you hear about the JLS?