Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Very Own Marriage Retreat

Thursday afternoon The Mekhail's decided it was time for some away time together. Not next month...not next year...right that second. George asked what I wanted to do and I of course say, "I want to go to Disneyland." So being the great husband that George is, he says, Ok...let's do it. You want Disneyland...I'll give you Disneyland. 2 hours later...we pulled it off. We were on a flight down to Orange County. Yup...we actually scored both grandma and grandpa's to watch Kingston until Sunday at such short notice!!! We are very blessed. By 10pm Thursday night we were cozied up in our hotel room in Anaheim, California ready for the days ahead! We bounced all around Disney all day Friday and all day Saturday, even had time to take a time out for an In N Out burger. OH how I miss those. Highlights?


Best Rides:
George- Toy Story in California Adventure (You got to play 5 games and compete with each other...I would like to note that I beat George literally at every game and had the best accuracy...he only won both times we went on this ride cause at the end you can shoot for points over and over again and he can shoot faster than I...boo.)
Danielle- Thunder Mountain Railroad AT NIGHT in Disneyland (nothing compares...sorry)

Worse Rides:
George- Mr. Toads Wild Ride in Disneyland (At the end of the ride you collide with a train, die and go to hell...he wasn't down with that!)
Danielle-Hollywood Tower of Terror in California Adventure (yes kids, I cried. seriously. I cried. I was terrified.)

Best Quotes of the Trip:
#1
Danielle: Oh! Tinkerbell!
George: Oh yeah...she got her own movie...good for her!
#2
George: Did you see that big black guy? He's a celebrity...
Danielle: Oh really? Who was he?
George: I don't know his name, but I know he's an actor.
(some minutes pass by)
George: Actually, now that I think about it, I remember him in a crying scene...
(Danielle rolls eyes and notices George on his phone)
Danielle: What are you doing?
George: Googling Big Black Actor + Emotional.

Best Things:
-Watching Disneyland fireworks from the balcony of our hotel room every night.
-The Disneyland Parade at night.
-Talking to a homeless man tell us about his 15 wild cats that he feeds everyday and that he really needs to find his black cat cause he's scared someone will sacrifice it at halloween.
-Ditching Space Mountain cause the wait was 60 minutes and as we were leaving an employee said we could get a magical fastpass and just let us walk on!
-Meeting Mickey Mouse and me actually feeling embarrassed as if he was an actual celebrity.
-Watching Mark Driscoll sermons each night before we fell asleep.
-Spending time as husband as wife!

Worse Thing:
-Taking really only 1 picture...yup...the one with Mickey.

BEST BEST THING....
-Coming home to Kingston and finding out he rolled over in his sleep! Grandma J says he woke up this morning on his tummy! Way to go Kingston!






3 comments:

Whitney Andersen said...

and to think we thought you were lying all weekend. Wow. Even though I was just there, I am still SERIOUSLY jealous.

allie said...

what the heck?? we were there on friday!! how crazy is that??!! glad you got to see mickey! i heard bono was at disneyland on friday too - did you see him?? hope you had a fabulous weekend!! sounds like you did :o)

UWMouthpiece said...

Tower of Terror is the BEST ride at D-Land! Its awesome.