Saturday, October 18, 2008

Just Cause It's Been Awhile:

I haven't blogged in awhile...there's really nothing to blog about. What? Nothing to blog about? But you have a child!? Eh...sometimes, there's still not too much to report. The Mekhail's have been super busy. I declare this super busy October. We're doing something everyday. I feel like I don't even have time to take photos. And who likes to read blogs without photos? I know, right? Maybe this would be a good blog to ask all you blog readers out there to keep our family in your prayers. We have so much going on in our lives, so many big decisions to make and going through so many changes. On a funnier note though: George and I played a CLASSIC game of "I'm Thinking Of An Animal" yesterday while Kingston was napping. One of us thinks of an animal and then the other has to ask Yes or No questions to guess the animal. (Yup, we're cool, don't be jealous). Here are the two times that is was George's turn to think of the animal....

(After about 10 questions...)
Danielle: Is is a Hippopotamus?
George: No. Oh wait...Yes....wait. No...
Danielle: Um...it's your animal?
George: Yeah it's a hippo. I couldn't remember if it was a hippopotamus or a rhinoceros. Then I remembered rhinoceros's are extinct.
Danielle: Um George...no they're not.
George: Aren't they are dinosaur...you know...rhino-saurus?
Really George?

(Animal #2)
Danielle: Is it a mammal?
George: Yes.
Danielle: Does it have fur?
George: Yes.
Danielle: Does it have 2 legs?
George: Yes.
Danielle: Is it an owl?
George: Yes.
This explains why we're married to each other. That whole question and answer session took less than 5 minutes...George clearly doesn't know how to describe animals and well...I still got it!

And on a more exciting note: Kingston had a major breakthrough last night with his rice cereal. At first, he was keeping his mouth closed so tight. He wouldn't even attempt to open cause he knew what was up. Then after a couple tries all of a sudden something like clicked in his head and he practically dove for the bowl! He couldn't get enough! George was trying to shovel a little at a time into his mouth and he would practically devour the spoon. He was so cute and we both almost cried. It was amazing to see him get the hang of something so new right before our very eyes.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the animal game. I cannot explain how much that made me laugh. Wait... you've heard me laugh... I don't need to explain :)

Miss you guys!
MP

The Baltera Family said...

Either George doesn't know how to describe animals, or he never really picked one out so he just said yes to everything. I would be terrible at this game because I would always pick a penguin as my animal...you know.