Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby Update


Last weekend I had my first baby shower! One down...two more to go. This one was at the Taste the Moment Tea Room, so cute! George and I also got lots of fun stuff for our son. I think his favorite was a Seahawks Onesie. Of course, my camera died, so a friend has pictures that will get posted soon so check back. Yesterday, George and I also had our bi-weekly check up with the doctor and there was a concern that there was lack of fetal movement. I wasn't too concerned because the nurse checked his heartbeat and it was very steady and strong as usual! Come to find out, doc says that doesn't matter, baby needs to move and if he doesn't, not a good sign. So I got signed up right away for a "stress test" over at the hospital. On our way over, husband was freaking out. I think I was the only calm one. I think we really need to work on a role reversal here cause I can't have him freaking out when I actually go into labor. For the love...I'll panic. Anyways, we marched right into labor and delivery and got hooked up to the monitors for about a couple hours. Baby started moving not soon after, I'm pretty sure he did not like the monitors. The minute the nurse put the gel on my tummy and had the monitors on me he was kicking them constantly trying to get them off! It was the most I have felt him move in over a week! It was kinda funny and also a relief that baby was still doing great. The nurse said we most likely just have a really mellow baby and after those hours I got the release from my doctor and we got to go! Cross your fingers he stays mellow after he's here! :) As we were leaving, the elevator opened up to a lady in labor, she practically bum rushed George and I as she was getting off and we were getting on. I wonder if that's how I'm going to be in a couple months....

0 comments: