Wednesday, April 2, 2008

OMG

George and I had a fun filled day today...George was working hard at work as usual and I took time to meet my friend Lisa for lunch, ran some errands, then spent time with my friend Anne before George and I headed out for our weekly childbirth class at Overlake. All was well until our teacher asked us at the beginning of class, "Did anyone visit the doctor this week?" Oh yes...I raise my hand and proceed to tell her the drama of yesterday. So of course, she asks, "So have you felt the baby move today?" By which, I responded, "Uh no I haven't." So homegirl gets this worried look on her face and tells George and I that we need to go back to labor and delivery and tell them to re-check me. I'm thinking, oh yeah ok, but then realize she means right this second so I say, "Oh...like right now?" And she says yes. So here we go again. Back in the labor room, we got hooked up to the monitors and as before, baby was a movin' and a rollin'. Basically doing everything but sitting still. I think he tries to swim away from the monitors but hasn't realized he doesn't get anywhere. So the nurse monitored me for about a half hour and then released me back to class. This time, she tells me I need to start proactively looking for the movements and push pretty hard on my tummy to see if I can get him to move at home and if I dont feel him by tomorrow evening, I have to go back again. I think George and I are going to start collecting our copies of the release forms from the hospital. So far...we are up to 3 of them. We are also going to try putting earphones on my tummy and have him listen to music. Some other lady in our class says she has her baby listen to Classical music every night and he moves. I'm not sure who would move to Classical music, but ok. I suggested to George perhaps a different genre in which he replied, "What other kinds of music are there?" Really? Oh George....

2 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

really George. Also I like how this random girl sends you back to the hospital room, who is this girl? haha.

Kjays said...

Okay G, what other kind of music is there? I'm sorry are you really my son in law? I say are YOU REALLY MY SON IN LAW?