Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Raining in Seattle...

what's new? And for the first time, I actually can't wait for summer to get here. Not that I normally hate summer. I just somehow prefer the Fall and Winter. You know...long pants...cozy sweaters...it could be that even if I could FIT into my winter clothes, I would basically overheat in about 2 minutes anyway. These days I'm most comfortable in a tank top and yoga pants and just wish it would be weather friendly. I've pretty much hibernated this week in our home. Yup...still working on that laundry. I had a bit of an episode yesterday...I thought I would be motherly and do a load of baby laundry so as I waited for the load in the washer to finish, I setup a pile by the laundry room door to throw in right after. For those of you who have been or are pregnant now know that you have no sorts of short term memory so when Gracie decided to hide her doggy treat in the pile of laundry did I think to remove it before throwing the big pile in the washer? Noooooo...needless to say I open up the washer after it was finished and it REEKED of a dog treat. Do you think I notice what I did? Nope! I just load the stuff into the dryer wondering why all I can smell is Grace's treat and think I'm just weird. Until...long behold everything is in the dryer and there it is...stuck to the inside of the washer. Talk about sick dawg! Good thing is that everything came out a-ok and still smelled fresh and clean! Whew!
And you couldn't tell but I just took a break to check on George. Husband skipped work today to put together baby furniture! Lucky him! Or should that be lucky me? It actually really stresses me out. I have heard alot of "uh oh's", "ohhhhhhh be careful", "good save", and many other comments like such. George has recruited two of his many good guys friends to help him. Thank you Drew and Mike! I'll give a brief shout out to Tyler, but he was only here for like 10 minutes though for moral support I think :) Regardless...I'm still worried...so I got kicked out of the room and was told to stay downstairs. Fine by me...I just got off the phone with my dad, he's "in the area" and will be stopping by. I'll let you know how the furniture turns out in a couple days (I think that's how long this project will take).

2 comments:

UWMouthpiece said...

Love it Danielle! Great stuff! I am excited to read about the happs of the Mekhail's!

How can you not get excited about that??!

And my goodness reward George for his hard work and dedication to the baby furniture:)!

Anne said...

Where is the story about "go to Clinic"