Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Mekhail's wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day (and for those of you who are single...welp...Happy Single Awareness Day!) We've always hated Valentine's Day. Re-tarded. Until this year...I decided I liked it all of a sudden. So George planned a day and night out for us that was a lot of fun! George's mom came over about noon to babysit Kingston, then George and I were off! The day was themed "shopping" (since well, I have a tiiiiiiny bit obsession with it). He gave me a "Valentine's Day Menu" with different things I could buy, then gave me "Kingston Bucks" to purchase them with.As it turns out, I had just enough Kingston Bucks to purchase everything on the menu...imagine that! The menu list was:

  • Transportation for the day...$100,000 KB
Yes fellow blog readers...I had to pay just to get out of the house. I was already at this point being frugle with my money and tried to barter. It didn't work. So...off with my $100,000 KB. The next thing on the menu:
  • Lunch at perhaps the best place in Seattle...$200,000 KB


Yup , my husband took me to Dick's! We're on a budget you know...Following lunch was:
  • A Valentine's Day Poem...$700,000 KB
Luckily though, the poem was actually on sale for $500,000 KB...that didn't sway me though...I decided to skip out on the poem cause what I really wanted was:
  • A One Hundred Dollar Bill...$3,000,000 KB
Funny how I had to pay three million KB's for just a one hundred dollar bill...but worth it! And just so you're not thinking I was a jerk...I did later purchase the poem down the road at dinnertime...it was sweet. So off we went shopping in downtown Seattle! Before I knew it, it was time for:
  • Tickets to the Valentine's Day show...$5,000,000 KB


George took me to a comedy show called "Laugh Lover's Ball" at the Moore theater that late afternoon. It was fun to do something different...we both didn't care for the comedians...BUT I didn't almost find Anne's husband, but soon found out he was Democrat...oh well...sorry Anne. AND...I don't know if any of you knew, but there was a HORRIBLE accident on I-5 south that afternoon that had every single lane blocked...traffic was a nightmare...you can imagine. We weren't in the traffic, but definitely saw it and it was not a pretty sight. Anywho...I send George to get me some M&M's so I can munch them down while I chuckle. He comes back (with no M&M's might I add...apparently the line was too long) and tells me this lady stops hims and basically asks him, "Hey...we're you sitting in the traffic earlier on the freeway?" To which George then LIED and said Yup, sure was! And this lady proceeds to go off and tell him that she was driving I-5 North and SAW him sitting in the traffic and felt really sorry for him! First off...really lady? You were probably going 60 miles an hour and you SAW my husband FOR SURE? She probably saw some guy who was Indian and then saw George and thought FOR SURE they were the same person. Crazies. Second...George? Please don't lie. Thanks. After the show we soon hurried for:

  • Dinner with your Valentine...$10,000,000 KB

We made are 6:30pm reservations at Maggiano's in Bellevue. We love Maggiano's. It could be the good food they always have or it could be that Samar works there and she and the rest of the staff at Magg are always so nice to us and treat us like V.I.P. It's true...we got to sit back in Private Dining where it was decorated so cute and they had cute individual two spots for couples and a Live Band. Then when we got back to the room the Guy showing us to our seat said we could pick any table we wanted! Then they all asked why Kingston wasn't with us...Uhhhhh, seriously? After dinner was:

  • Wildcard activity with your Valentine (Dessert, Movie, Backrub, Sleep, Etc...)...$1 Gazillion KB

I definitely chose dessert after dinner...and shortly after opted to go home. Man...a day like that...this mom wasn't prepared for how tired she would be. So we headed home and did get a nice back rub while we watched C.S.I on demand. :) Such a great day...thanks George! I love you! Oh and don't worry...Gratuity was included in all the day's events and Hugs and Kisses were free :)

3 comments:

The Baltera Family said...

So So cute! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

Kjays said...

That is so cool, sounds like fun. Hey G I am all for sending the Kingston Bucks to bailout Washington :)

The McGarrys said...

WOW! George, I don't even know you, but WAY TO GO, man! That is incredible!!!! Glad you guys had so much fun!!! (;

-Chels