Saturday, February 14, 2009

8 Months!

Man...in no time I will need to be writing a 9 month blog. Time is still flying by and I'm really loving this age. Kingston has become so active and his little personality is starting to shine through. Not a whole lot has changed from 7 months though. I would say he's definitely looking more like a little boy than a baby boy. His bottom two teeth are just about in and his fangs are in too. He's now working on getting his two front teeth in. I know what you're thinking: Your kid is backwards...who gets their fangs in first? Don't worry, if it were any kid, it would be mine. I was just at the dentist a couple days ago for my teeth cleaning and they already handed me a midge lil toothbrush to start cleaning Kingston's teeth. Can you say oofta? Just one more thing to remember...I'll try to break down the last month for you:

  • His eating has gotten a little better, but still doesn't take a whole lot. The doctor keeps saying to add this and that at this time, but I just don't know how to do that when he barely wants what I was supposed to try 3 months ago. I'm not worried about it anymore. I know Kingston will eventually advance in the eating department.
  • Recently I noticed he is becoming more and more into me reading him books. I read to him everyday before his naps and for the past 7 months he never paid attention. He always wanted to be chewing on something, looking around and barely noticed the book. Now, he's becoming more into the books and will actually sit still and look at the book while I read. He recognizes various parts too and gets really excited when certain pages come around. Cute.
  • Kingston is definitely getting around town. He isn't into a full on crawl yet, but he worms his way around. I tried to take a short video for you to see...hopefully I can get it to post below! :)
  • Seeing as though he is getting around, he is also into EVERYTHING. He touches the fireplace, sticks his hand in Grace's water dish and tries to eat her food, bee lines it for my laptop and yanks on the cord and his most favorite by far is going to the gate at the stairs and wiggling it back and forth. So my days now consist of a little disciplining. Our phrase of the month has been a firm, "No touch." Kingston just laughs and giggles. Homeboy as no clue. One day Kingston...one day...
  • We have finally hit the age where going out to eat is a horror show. He won't sit in the high chairs, he throws a fit, and who wants to hold on to an 8 month old while you eat? No one. We try to bring things to distract him with but it doesn't work. The last time we went out, we calmed him down by giving him paper. Yup, I let my kid play with paper, which doesn't sound all that bad, but all he does his chew on it and ends up eating it. So then what do you do? Let him eat paper? If any of you mommie's have any GOOD suggestions, let me know what you got!

2 comments:

Kjays said...

lol you are so funny....I love the enormous patience you have at the gate.....very cute thanks for the pics and video.

Unknown said...

I started brushing my baby's teeth as soon as I saw one coming out. I think it was on his 5th month. He's 9 months now, and I have no problems so far. I do it very gently using a baby toothbrush that was given by his Bartlett dentist. It has cartoon images on the handle, which my baby boy really likes. Actually, before I began brushing my baby's teeth, I asked my own dentist (Bartlett-based too) when it's safe to start, and she said that I can start once a tooth erupts.