Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One {Weak}.

Miss Saxyn is a week old today. Time is already flying by. This morning we had her newborn shots done and I'm hoping they turned out really good. The whole family woke up super late this morning so it was a rush to get ready, pick out outfits, etc. So I wasn't totally with it this morning and it's hard to gauge what we even did.


Kingston's very touch and go these days. He is SUPER sweet with his baby sister. He loves to hold her...wants to hold her hands and pray with her...always wants to help with feeding...However, sometimes I feel he's giving me the cold shoulder. He has become really cranky and whiney. He acts out a lot and has gotten a strong attachment to George. My poor husband can't even go to the restroom without a tantrum breaking out.

Speaking of George. He's amazing. I'm so grateful that he took off so much work to be with me and our family. He has picked up so much slack at home. He takes care of me...he takes care of Kingston and of course helps out with Saxyn so much too! Amidst all that, still makes a little time for work as much as he can and for things to be done around the home. Such a trooper.

Saxyn is your typical newborn :) She has her days and nights mixed, but hopefully that will be changing soon! Her eating is out of this world! She is the complete opposite of Kingston and eats A TON! She'll definitely be my chunky baby and can't wait to see it.

I'm hanging in there. Not sure where I would be if I didn't have the help of George right now and our families. I'm resting and sleeping as much as I can. Even though I feel like the labor and delivery was a lot faster and easier than it was with Kingston, I feel like the recuperating is rougher. I haven't felt really all that well the past week. Mainly, weak. My whole body just aches and aches with other post-partum issues to deal with {to remain nameless for the sake of disclosing too much}. :) I'm either too drugged up to know what's going on or in utter pain that I want to crawl under a rock and die. I get a little baby blues here and there too. I had a minor incident involving a dark onesie, which got mixed in with my sweet baby girl's whites in the wash. Everything turned purplish-pink. Devastation set in like none other and I bawled for a good 5 minutes.

All in all though we're doing well. Kingston and Saxyn are just two sweet children needing cuddles from their mommy and their mommy is just a wife needing cuddles from her husband.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh no! I have a feeling this dark onesie was the Rose onesie... At least Saxyn is a girl so nobody will mistake her for the opposite sex when she wears her purple and pink onesies! Good thing it didn't happen with Kingston!

Chelsea Bell said...

I love this post! It's preparing me for next week! :) Sounds like you're doing wonderfully, Danielle!

The Baltera Family said...

I'm glad she's an eater, you really need at least one chubby baby!

C.J. and Jen said...

I LOVE this post. That's SO how it is with 2. Hope you're hanging in there. It get's better quickly, I promise. Before too long you'll be whipping around just like you did when you just had Kingston. And by the way...I saw a giant box of Hot Tamales at Cotsco yesterday, and it made me think of you! Hope you get like 5 hours of blissful sleep tonight!