Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Missing Someone.

I sadly lost one of my good friends yesterday to a tragic, sudden brain aneurysm. Rose & I were best friends in high school and after splitting ways after graduation we still managed to keep in touch very often and find ways to even see each other. She lived in Florida with her husband Justin and when she would fly back home to Oregon, I would make it a point to drive down to see her when I could. We swapped emails OFTEN and she would even send me things in the mail just out of the goodness of her sweet heart.


This was our last photo taken together in 2008, just 3 months after I had Kingston. We were supposed to see each other this summer. She was going to meet my baby girl. I was going to meet her hubby. We were going to catch up. We were going to laugh as usual and at the end we were going to say, "See you soon!"

It's a different feeling now: missing a friend who lives across the country and now missing a friend who lives with our God. I'm heart broken and a little jealous all at the same time...I think more heart broken. Why not me? Why her? I don't understand. I JUST talked to her. I'm sad. I'm sad for me...for Justin...for her parents...for her sister. A part of me is even sad for Rose thinking she's missing out on what could have been. Chances are though she's having the time of her life and I'm the one in fact, missing out.

Life is fragile. You just never know what's going to happen.


2 comments:

C.J. and Jen said...

Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I'll definitely be thinking of you and praying for you.

Kjays said...

Love you and praying for you!!